Mr. Hamilton has specialized in non-traditional investment products during a career that spans over thirty years of financial trading, investing, education, analysis and marketing. He began his career with Price Waterhouse where he earned his CPA and moved on to trading listed options in the Chicago Board Options Exchange. He was retained by various investment firms to create investment products which led him to the maritime sector. Mr. Hamilton earned an M.B.A. in Finance and International Business at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
…Trading & Hedging Strategies
…New Business Development
…Education & Training
Over 30 years of results in financial marketing, trading, education, analysis, tax strategies and building sales volumes. Formed Maritime Capital Management Partners USA LLC (MCMP) in 2013 and invests in commercial vessels and physical commodities. A marketmaker on the CBOE. Marketing Manager of Financial Futures for the CBOT. Served as tax strategist with the $1.3 billion Trailer Train Company. Worked for both Ernst & Whinney and Price Waterhouse as general auditor. While building sales in family owned business secured such major accounts as Mitsubishi International, ABN-Amro Bank, The Industrial Bank of Japan and others. Experience is supported by a CPA from the University of Illinois and a 1983 MBA conferred by the University of Chicago.
Listed/Futures/Options/Investment Funds/Trading/Hedging/Structured Finance
Promoted the use of Financial/Futures & Options for The Chicago Board of Trade:
- Delivered presentations on the use and purpose of futures and options in the US and Europe to major financial institutions, both in-house and to large composite audiences,
- Sought after as lecturer to large and small groups for either general information or specialized education about the exchange traded derivative markets, lectured at the Ph.D. and Masters level for large European bank on an annual basis and recognized by the bank as their “Star” lecturer,
- Served on a number of CBOT planning committees.
Traded options for own account on the floor of The Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Time-span covers early 1983 through 1985
- Very knowledgeable in options hedging and trading strategy and theory.
Trailer Train Company Tax Analyst
Joined Trailer Train in 1980. Researched and helped set -up a foreign financial subsidiary to deal in “Pass-Through” of Investment Tax Credits via lease arrangements. Analyzed company-wide tax burden with respect to capital equipment and reporting requirements.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE; served as manufacturers’ representative for specialty advertising account. Identified and developed new accounts. Opened large corporate accounts many of which the firm retains today.
PRICE WATERHOUSE; Served as a General Auditor, on balance sheet and income accounts. Reviewed internal controls and policies/procedures. Attained CPA Certificate. Member of transition team for new account for Sealy, Inc. and developed working papers for subsequent annual audits.
ERNST & WHINNEY; Served the General Auditing Division as an Intern. Upon graduation was offered a permanent position.
- Loaned by Price Waterhouse to serve as an account Executive for The United Way. Assigned to Major Employers Division and worked with corporate Chief Executives to organize company-wide fund drives within each corporation.
- Arranged financing for $44 MM ship financing through major international private equity group.
- Arranged brokerage, clearing and banking relationships for many internationally based financial institutions.
- Designed and ran an alternative asset class, multi-advisor commodity pool for a large securities law firm in Canada.
Education – Personal
MBA, 1983, Finance and International Business, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
BA, Business Administration and Accounting, St. Mary’s University, Winona, MN
CPA, 1979, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL